Friday, May 02, 2008

Wright is Wrong

Wow...that is all I can really say about Rev. Jeremiah Wright's performance at the National Press Club event this week. I think this guy has basically gone off of his rocker. I was literally in shock watching the event; Wright made an absolute ass of himself. I have never seen a more arrogant, mean-spirited, twisted, and smug "man of God" in my life. For someone who presents himself as a "preacher" yet goes out and demeans the very nature of the position - Rev. Wright should be ashamed. His church should also be ashamed. I think the thing that capped it off was his comment "he did not put me in chains, he did not put me in slavery, and he didn't make me this color". This comment was in response to a question about his relationship with Louis Farrakhan. If you look at this statement it defies all logic...for someone who is having a multi-million dollar house built for him he has done pretty well for a black slave who is in chains. This is crazy...this man has never been in chains and he was never a slave. He speaks as if he was a slave and that he is angry about being a slave. Get over it. I am never going to apologize to Rev. Wright for slavery for several reasons: A) I was not alive when slavery was practiced in parts of this country; B) my family wasn't even in the United States then - they were making their way from Lebanon, Lithuania, and other countries; and C) most importantly that there is no one alive today who was a slave. Rev. Wright deserves no apology from me or the government of the United States of America. If anything, Rev. Wright owes this country an apology - an apology for saying AIDS and HIV was created by the USA to infect black people - an apology for saying that the USA practices terrorism - and an apology for saying that the U.S. is attacking the "black church". Bottom-line this guy has made a drastic mistake. I feel sorry for Sen. Obama as he hitched his wagon to the wrong horse.

No comments:

The Small Print:

No part of this blog may be reproduced or used without prior written permission.