Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It's the end of the world as we know it...

So, I am still in Shitzhen having an actually fairly decent time. I have to say the town has surprised me this time around. We have eaten at a few decent restaurants and even hit up a Haagen Dazs store the other night.

So, last night I realized the world was coming to an end...how you may ask? Well, we hit a very local place for dinner (I don't think I have to point out that the restaurant served Chinese food) last night and as I was eating my rice I noticed something was just not right. It took a few moments for me to figure out what was wrong...and then it hit me...the music. Now, I am the first to admit that music is universal...but, when you are at a very local restaurant in Shenzhen, China of all places and Jack Johnson is the ambient music of choice...something is wrong. Taylor, is just not a song one would expect to listen too while working your chop sticks.

Congratulations Jack, you've made it big and you know you have when you are the music of choice at a local restaurant in China where no one speaks English. Perhaps, music is indeed the universal language and I thought it was English all along.

No comments:

The Small Print:

No part of this blog may be reproduced or used without prior written permission.