Thursday, January 31, 2008

So this is cold...

So, we woke up this morning to find ourselves in the coldest day we have yet to experience in Hong Kong. Now...prepare yourself for the temperature...7 degrees Celsius...that's right 44.6 degrees Fahrenheit. So, at this point you are probably asking yourself, "why is that cold?" Well, it is cold...especially for Hong Kong. Now, that is not to say that Randi and I are wearing our The North Face goose down parkas (like some in Hong Kong are), but we did put jackets on this morning and that is a first. I wouldn't say that it is really that cold...but, like many places it just isn't prepared for the cold. A lot of places don't have heat and I would say that their heating systems are not the best. We are fortunate that our place has built in heaters...but, many places do not.

Now, I have to remind myself that "cold" is not really "cold" until there is ice and snow on the ground. I am hoping that it does not get that cold here...if it does...heaters will be the last of our worries as I am fairly confident that Hong Kong has zero ice and snow capabilities...much less a single snow shovel.

So, where does that take us...well, it takes us to a little place I like to call..."chili time". That is right, I am thinking that this weather may call for breaking out the world famous Mark Farage chili recipe...now, if I can just find a place that has an open fire and a NFL football game on...as that is the proper way to eat a bowl of chili...in front of a fire while watching "improper" football.

No comments:

The Small Print:

No part of this blog may be reproduced or used without prior written permission.